Well, I'll admit - I had a pretty unproductive morning. Watched Gilmore Girls, surfed the net...that's about it. I get pretty depressed knowing that this is how it is.
Anyway, I tagged along to the mall with a friend and picked up the latest Tom Robbins (CANNOT WAIT to take a look at it!) and another Ron Clark book - I'm hoping to jump start my excitement for the next semester by reading inspirational books on teaching (not so sure it's working, but it's a good read).
Because I went out to the mall, I missed all but the last ten minutes of the radio show. The last song nearly killed me - "I promised I wouldn't play any DMB, but here we go..." - I thought it was THE song. I nearly freaked haha. It wasn't of course, but I'm planning on listening to the whole show when it pops up on the 'net. Hoping to catch some interesting things about Phish.
I'm going to try to get out tonight - distract myself a little.
Thought about getting the new iTunes download, but I don't want to spring $10 when I only really want one song and can't really afford it...I saw Jake posted that the tour dates will most likely be out this week. I'm psyched - I'd really like to buy early to get good seats, but I can't really afford that either, plus I'm worried about buying when I'm not sure where/what I'll be doing this summer.
I HAVE to get at least the essay for the standard application written today or tomorrow. Which means I'm going to have to chill out and focus. And stop playing FreeCell :-p
One more thought - There seems to be an abundance of TV shows about dysfunctional families. I thought at first that maybe it would help me feel better? But actually...it makes me feel worse. Now, when I say "dysfunctional," I don't mean that the family has issues and/or is slightly nuts. I mean...that the parents act INCREDIBLY childish - more childish than their kids. This is NOT OK with me. Parents shouldn't need their kids to take care of them. Parents shouldn't act petty, or resort to middle school behavior when dealing with problems. Divorced parents shouldn't try to win their kids over by buying them things or pointing out flaws in their ex-spouses. Parents shouldn't tell their kids that life sucks all the time and that they should give up hope. Parents shouldn't weigh their kids down with their problems. Parents and kids are NOT equals. Even when they're grown up. Parents need friends for those types of things.
...whenever I'm watching TV or a movie with my family and someone mentions divorce - doesn't matter if it's a parent or a kid - I feel incredibly awkward.
No comments:
Post a Comment