I'm sapped of energy. But I still have three loads of laundry to do, so hopefully my energy becomes unsapped.
I'm also about to watch Gandhi for a class. It's apparently three hours long - I hope it's good. We haven't actually started talking about India yet, so I hope I don't need to know anything.
I ran some errands, got a book from the library (Big Sur was out - I was devastated - well, it's not out, it's MISSING...I was very excited to read it and to learn both about the place and Kerouac's life at that time...I ended up picking up Visions of Cody but I'm just not as into it. I thought about Visions of Gerard, but I wasn't in the mood for childhood death
I'm still upset about Wednesday. I know there was no harm meant, but I'm upset anyway. I mean, I'll always care, but that was a long, long time ago. And we can barely hold a conversation anymore! It's a struggle! And certainly not what you'd call stimulating. It's just...we're different. We're different now. Just because I have the same keychains, or the same sweatshirts...doesn't mean we should go back there. I should have known when he said that I haven't changed. Though that comment is slightly insulting - I HAVE changed. I've changed a lot. I like to think in a good way...but in any case, I'm someone else. And if someone can't see that, it means they don't really know me.
I got the TB shot on Friday so I can get back into field work for my dept. honors project. The semester is nearing an end (62 days 'til graduation), and I haven't even started :-( I've been practicing for hours each day for my recital. Jury's in 9 days now, and it coincides with EVERYTHING that week. I wish I could drop out of that stupid tour I'm forced to go on for class. I dread that class. But I can't practice as long as I would like anyway b/c my fingers get tingly. That's new.
I'm very anxious for Tuesday - that's when I find out if I get a second interview. Every Wednesday morning from now on I'm going back to my old placement to observe high school jazz band rehearsals - I'm excited, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.
I don't know what to do anymore. I hate how I feel, which just makes it worse because then I hate myself. I guess my rational is that this has been too long and too difficult, and with too much pain. I wish someone could understand how I feel and what I want. You knew I was upset - you should've called back earlier. You should've at least texted me. I wasn't trying to interfere with your plans, but I need someone I can count on - someone who understands when and how I need them. What a mess. I want to give up. I'm tired of sleeping right up next to the wall so it feels like there's someone else there.
At least my plants are blooming.
No comments:
Post a Comment