Friday, March 19, 2010

It's 1:30 AM

...and I can't wait to wake up at 7 and do more homework!!!!


I'm 100% serious - things have fallen into place. I've got my practicing under control (making some actual progress - still not where I want to be, but I'll be there in time), I have some serious leads on the job front (and beginning to feel confident in my ability to get where I want to go), and among other things, REALLY looking forward to conducting. I'm nervous - it feels like FOREVER since I've done anything - but I'm also REALLY excited. If I work at this...I think it could take me to a new level conducting-wise (as corny as that sounds).

All this, PLUS I've got to spend time learning from the Tony Award winning arranger of Movin' Out on Broadway (who also performs and conducts) (it's quite inspiring AND comforting, especially knowing he moved from NY to NC to PA and has managed to accomplish all those things. Reassures me I can do what I want, and that temporarily moving to the south is quite possibly a GREAT step towards my goals) AND a superly amazing sitar player (I can't wait to travel. I'm SO EXCITED to travel. I'M GOING TO TRAVEL the world!!!!!!!) who played some AMAZING music that both inspires and is simply great to listen to.

Could there be any more awesome things going on for me??? WELLLLLL my friend is coming up for the weekend and we're going to have an awesome time.

So it's pretty great :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment