...today at school. No problems - things seemed to go very well on all fronts.
Actually, things didn't just go well at school - EVERYTHING today went well.
So why do I still feel so crappy?
I don't understand why it is SO imperative for me to have a connection with people. Wasn't I alone most of the summer? Why was that easier? Maybe it wasn't...I think I'm wishing for something that I didn't even like at the time, haha. Imagining that things were better than they actually were, I mean.
It doesn't help that I often feel five years (if not more) older than I really am. Which leads me to my next eternal question...How are we all alone together??
13 Days, 3 Concerts.
(I've officially survived 15 weeks :-D)
**Edit:
Enlightenment?
During my young adulthood I became aware that my parents do not have friends. I've heard my own friends comment along the same lines regarding their families, and their opinions that it causes tension between family members.
Given my current situation, nothing has become more clear to me than the fact that one person cannot fulfill all of another person's needs.
Therefore, everyone needs multiple friends and multiple groups. It is impossible for two people to have a healthy relationship if they have themselves and no one else. Even if they're great together, there are going to be moments during which they don't exactly mesh. Without anyone else around, they're going to become frustrated and bitter with one another during these moments.
Relationships cannot last without other relationships.
Hah! I've spent so many YEARS struggling with this - not necessarily the comprehension of it (of course it all makes perfect logical sense), but the emotional understanding and acceptance of it (if THAT makes any sense :-p).
Hmm. This could have been a very good 5 minutes of reflection. This may just transform my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment