Thursday, September 9, 2010

I got through it

So I survived, but it wasn't a great day.  A bunch of kids cried (ugh I can't stand that), a bunch more were sleeping when I got to their classrooms, all my classes were way loud (I'm really nervous about this one)...things just didn't really go smoothly.

I think my lesson on vibrations causing sound really got through to the kids (we did stuff with triangles - we could feel the instrument vibrating, and the sound stopped as soon as we put our hands on it), but I'm still way nervous.

Most of the other teachers are extremely supportive at least :-/

There's some more stuff from work, but I don't feel comfortable blogging about it.  It's nothing really bad, but I don't like talking about work here.  Overall, I really like the school I'm at and the kids are good - I just...feel more out-of-place than I thought I would in elementary school.

On the bright side, tomorrow's Friday!  I have Saturday totally free for sleeping and cleaning the apartment - that sounds SO amazing right now!

On the OTHER bright side, DMB's going to be on TV at 7:30!!!!!!!!!!!  Kaitlyn texted me this morning - she heard it on the radio :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment