This isn't what I want. If I haven't made it clear, it comes down to this: It's been two years, and I'm more in love with you. I CAN'T be just friends with you, because my feelings means that we're not "just" friends. I don't want to be frustrated anymore, I don't want to take things out on you, I don't want to be sad. If I stay near you, I lose the possibility of companionship because you cannot give it to me and I prevent myself from finding it elsewhere. If I stay around you, I WILL try to destroy any semblance of a friendship that we have left.
YES I'm being selfish. But I know that being friends with you, while I love it, it is NOT a solution. Keeping things the same does NOT solve what's wrong.
I don't know what else to say. It's not that I don't want to talk to you - it's that I CAN'T.
I don't think this should come as a surprise because I've been saying it for YEARS: I can't just be friends.
I'm frustrated and I don't want to do this anymore. I'm strong enough to go now, so I need to go.
I wish you could be what I need, or I wish I didn't need what I need. I want to feel close to someone again. I want to feel safe with someone again. I don't want to live on a hope that your hugs could mean something. I don't want to wonder whether you think about me as much as I think about you. I don't want to fear that you'll FIND what I desperately want with someone else and leave me before I'm ready to be left. I don't hate you, I'll always care about you.
The way I feel, I feel I have no choice. I want desperately for you to change that - I want you to be what I need. But you can't be what you're not, just as I can't be "just" a friend to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment