At least I know it's not all my fault that teaching has become such a terrible experience.
Maybe my generation has been raised too ignorantly. While we know that prejudice exists, we pretend that it doesn't apply to us. We've been taught that the fights were already won, that today's world, today's youth, are impacted more by video games and TV shows than personal shortsightedness. And I forget that the fights were so recent in our history. I forget that those generations are still permeating our culture, pressing their ideas and opinions upon us. I forget that the fights were merely won in our legislation, not in our minds.
How can someone honestly have such bias in their hearts?
I don't believe it's possible for me to do well in this placement. That doesn't mean I won't try...I can only hope that it won't stop me from doing well once I leave this place.
While kicking up some fiery gold leaves that fell on campus, I began thinking about previous autumns, the present autumn, and finally, the future autumn.
Within the next year, I will finish student teaching, (hopefully) be involved with the last college musical I can participate in, perform my senior recital, graduate college, drive to CA and back, and theoretically get my very own job.
In one year, this might all be a bad dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment