Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On One Hand...

I feel more confident about school than I have...since school STARTED this year. I'm back to my old sleeping habits (aka...up late doing work, but working HARD and creatively), which signals to me that I'm doing better mental-healthwise. I'm no longer sleeping 10 hours a day only to feel EXHAUSTED. I'm getting...5 hours of sleep, but I feel spunky :-)

I put the sheets on my bed this weekend for the first time in 2 weeks. I hung up my laundry for the first time in weeks (I'd been leaving clean clothes in piles to get wrinkly...but I couldn't bring myself to pick it up). I've got an objective for MYSELF, not just my lesson plans. I'm going to make it to next semester: only 36 days left. Which is NOTHING.

I've finally answered e-mails, returned phone calls from home. I feel a little happier while making up lessons. I'm reading books on how to improve my conducting...keeping lists of future notes...writing on sticky notes...

The strange thing...is that this turning point came as soon as my boss gave me positive feedback. I just needed a little..now I can forget about the negative comments. I'm not proud to admit that one little comment and a smile completely changed my attitude and state of mental health...but I think it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment